As the oil and gas industry in Kenya and East Africa continues to expand, Bentworth recognizes that we need to continually grow and develop the local skill base to enable us to expand to meet this growth.
Competition for graduate positions in the industry is intense as local and international players are looking for exceptionally qualified and skilled graduates to enter the workforce. Workplace experience, gained through an internship can be a key way for graduates to set themselves apart from their competition.
What is a Bentworth Internship?
- It is an opportunity for graduates
- The position is paid
- It lasts for 5 months
- It is full time
- It requires travel around Kenya to work on site with Bentworth and our partners. Expenses for these trips are paid on the interns behalf.
What Do Bentworth Interns Typically Do?
Every internship is different and tasks and experience can vary significantly to those
outlined below dependent on the projects that Bentworth is undertaking at the time of the
internship. However an intern can typically expect to gain experience in the following areas:
- Overview of oil well cementing from the design to execution in the field.
- Introduction to HSE practices.
- Experience of monitoring and control systems which have been put in place to manage quality and safety as part of Bentworth ISO accreditation.
- Exposure to supporting functions which underpin oil well cementing activities
- Interaction with experienced personnel both in the design and field execution processes.
What Experience Will You Need?
To be eligible for an internship with Bentworth you will not be expected to have any previous work experience, however we will pay careful consideration to the skills you have acquired during your studies. We invite people to apply who meet the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in any Engineering
or other closely related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An aptitude and willingness to learn
- Must possess solid technical and problem solving skills
- A team player
- Computer proficient, including but not limited to Microsoft packages.
- Self starter and able to work with limited supervision
What Are The Benefits Of Our Internship?
Some of the key advantages include:
- A chance to develop your knowledge and skills in the oil and gas industry
- Opportunity to explore different roles to see which one you might like pursue
- Getting insight into the way Bentworth works and the challenges faced by local content providers
- The opportunity to create a network of contacts
- Gaining valuable work experience to set you apart from other candidates
- Applying what you have studied in a live work environment
How Do I Apply?
The application process is open from 1 st January to 31st March 2019 with a view to taking graduates between July and November 2019. You can forward your application using the below form no later than the 31 st March 2019. You should put aside around 60 minutes to complete this form and will also be required to upload your CV. Before beginning to complete the application you may wish to review our graduate internship applicant tips.
Shortlisting will take place during April and May. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.